Get ready for a delicious vegan meal with this sweet potato bowl with chimichurri recipe.
What is chimichurri exactly?
It is basically a flavorful sauce with various herbs that pairs well with meat. In this case, it pairs perfectly with roasted sweet potatoes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin-on, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 small, ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups loosely packed Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- To make Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss sweet potatoes with oil on large baking sheet, and spread in single layer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and roast 20 to 25 minutes, or until soft, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 1 and 1/2 cups water to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt, if desired.
- To make Chimichurri: Warm oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes in food processor until coarsely chopped. Pour in warm oil, and pulse quickly until blended.
- Divide sweet potatoes and quinoa among bowls. Top each serving with 3 Tbs. Chimichurri, and garnish with sliced avocado. Drizzle with extra Chimichurri, if desired.